Tutorial for Xiaomi Redmi 1S update to Android 5.1.1 – Xiaomi, one of the top smartphone manufacturing company in the world and the company is from China. Xiaomi is well known for low price phones with high quality.
At the beginning, the budget smartphone released by Xiaomi was Xiaomi Redmi 1S, which was priced at Rs. 5,999 and was available on flash sale in India via Flipkart and it got out of stock in seconds when the sale began.
Out of the box, the smartphone runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). If you have Xiaomi Redmi 1S with you and you want have latest Android 5.1.1 OS (Lollipop) on your device. Then here is a tutorial on How to install Android 5.1.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Below are steps to update your Redmi 1S with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
You need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone, but make sure that unlocking bootloader will cancel the warranty.
Install the latest version of any of the custom recovery – CWM and TWRP.
Note: Before updating your device take a backup of all important data present in your device. And charge your smartphone up to 75% and enable USB debugging from settings
How to Upgrade Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Using Unofficial CM 12.1 Custom ROM:
2. Now Boot the device into recovery mode.
3. In Recovery, do the factory reset and clear the cache, system and partitions.
4. Now get back to the main menu of recovery and select “Install zip from SD card” option. Select the downloaded ROM and confirm to start flashing the lollipop firmware on your smartphone.
5. After completion of flashing of custom ROM, again get back to recovery main menu and select “Install zip from SD card” and now select Gapps to install on your device.
6. Now select “reboot system now” to reboot the smartphone.
Voila! Now your device is running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 (Unofficial Custom ROM).
#If you have any questions or queries after thoroughly going through the How to Upgrade Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Using Unofficial CM 12.1 Custom ROM post content, you can leave them in the comments section below and they will be answered with the best information available.